Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
Microsoft Office 365 Technical Engineer, Senior
As a Senior Microsoft Office 365 Technical Engineer, you will be joining our team of professionals who are responsible for design, implementation, and support of Microsoft’s Modern Workplace.The ideal candidate will possess strong technical experience in the Office 365 platform with a primary focus on Exchange On-line, Microsoft Intune, and Microsoft Teams.
– Advanced knowledge and experience in storage and networking concepts, virtualization, security best practices, application delivery, user authentication and provisioning concepts, operating systems, application and infrastructure performance monitoring, public/private cloud concepts and root cause analysis.
– Build, implement, upgrade, document and support advanced enterprise technical solutions which include security best practices, infrastructure standards, test plans, POC, training, performance monitoring and documentation.
– Develop and keep accurate documentation of build and tasks for project, current processes, standards and baselines across enterprise environments generating status updates of assigned projects and problems. Adhere to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures.
– Experience with the configuration, troubleshooting and support of Microsoft Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive for Business, Azure Active Directory and other core Office 365 components.
– Deploy Office 365 Platform Services across all organizational levels.
– Implement and support Microsoft Office 365 groups in an enterprise environment.
– Act as Subject Matter Expert on Office 365 capabilities and dependencies.
– Maintain a good understanding of upcoming changes to Office 365 platforms to assist with organizational change management and documentation update.
– Experience with writing and troubleshooting Microsoft PowerShell scripts.
– Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
– Preferred:Multi-site/large environment experience; certification in respective technology
– On-call rotation
– 4+ years of experience with Windows client/server networking including Windows domain and authentication, Active Directory, logon scripts, group policies, client and network security, name resolution and time synchronization services.
– 4+ years of experience with server configuration and installation, performance and network monitoring tools, operating system upgrades and migrations, and strong troubleshooting skills with hardware and software.
– 4+ years of experience with IP, DHCP, DNS and Ethernet networks
– 2+ years of experience with Azure AD, Intune, Cloud App Security, Conditional Access Rules
– 2+ years of experience delivering messaging and collaboration solutions utilizing Microsoft Exchange On-line, Microsoft Teams, and Office 365 within large complex environments
Any of the following certifications: Microsoft (MCSE), ITIL certification
– Experience with Windows 2012/2016/2019
– Experience working with Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies.
– Experience with PowerShell/scripting
– Experience with Exchange 2016, Exchange On-line
– Experience with Microsoft Intune
– Experience with Microsoft OneDrive for Business
– Experience with Microsoft Teams
– Experience with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
– Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills and close attention to detail
– Ability and desire to learn and support a variety of systems quickly
– Advanced troubleshooting skills
– Ability to work varying hours and shifts including holidays, weekends and on-call 24 hours/day shifts.
– Effectively communicate issues and resolutions per organization policy and practices
– Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment.
– Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
– Licensure/Certification Requirements:No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
– If a Bachelors degree: Four (4) years of direct experience.
– If an Associates degree: Eight (8) years of direct experience.
– If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of direct experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Entity: Shared Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable