Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs technical and administrative work involving the maintenance of a database of information and fourth-generation language programming (e.g., Access) and serves as the main information systems liaison between the department, ISD, other staff, and external vendors or organizations, ensuring that the systems are maintained and updated to meet the needs of the organization.
This position will be the Team leader for Radiology file room
Previous experience in Radiology systems, Radiology and HIM (Health Information Management) is strongly preferred for this position.
*** Radiology File room with Radiology PACS experience preferred ***
1. Compiles, formats, and prepares reports using various software packages, which includes researching and gathering data from multiple sources. Merges data or links databases, develops complex queries to extrapolate statistics and data from the database for ad hoc reports. Develops programs or other production criteria to develop the data reports requested or coordinates with the computer production staff to schedule production.
2. Defines the data dictionary based on the needs identified and defined by the users for the design of the application. Maintains the data dictionary as needs change or enhancements are added to systems.
3. Defines the data report needs of the users in the department. Responds to requests for information or data from outside the department or hospital via report, telephone, email and fax.
4. Ensures upgrades to the system are made. Evaluates and tests new applications or enhancements.
5. May perform special projects or assignments.
6. May supervise staff or oversee data input.
7. Provides training and support to end users regarding data collection, input, and analysis and/or in the use of new or changing applications systems. Assists staff and serves as a resource for others.
8. Responsible for the administration and maintenance of a database. Manages all aspects of data collection, data verification, data quality assurance and analysis. Establishes policies and procedures regarding the administration of the database.
9. Serves as the liaison between the end users of the data and ISD, external vendors or organizations, and/or other departments. Troubleshoots and resolves problems/issues at the system and user level.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- If a Bachelors degree: One (1) year of experience in data system management.
- If an Associates degree: Five (5) years of experience in data system management.
- If a High School diploma or GED: Nine (9) years of experience in data system management.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Not Applicable