Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is an entry level position for a medical assistant, who has graduated from an accredited medical assisting program, but who has not yet taken a credentialing exam. This also is a transitional position for a person with clinical experience to gain medical assisting experience and become credentialed.
The medical assistant trainee provides routine clinical and administrative support to providers and other health care team members in an outpatient clinic setting. Works under the clinical supervision of the provider for patient care activities, and under the general direction of the designated manager/supervisor.
– Performs rooming and/or intake process, collecting and data, including vital signs, height, weight, and data related to patient’s reason for visit. Collects patient and family data, including medical and social history.
– Assists the provider as directed, during treatments, examinations and procedures.
– Collects specimens and performs phlebotomy.
– Provides patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or procedural instructions and/or educational materials as directed.
– Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam and treatment rooms.
– Assists with patient registration, check in/check out, appointment scheduling, and scheduling of tests and treatments, and referrals.
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Must obtain their Medical Assistant credentials within 18 months of hire
Professional Experience Requirements:
- Requires six months of experience in a clinical field
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: BR Urgent Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Blowing Rock
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No