Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Conducts procedures and tests using MRI equipment to acquire and analyze patient diagnostic data.
Work hours: Hours are as needed. 1st, 2nd, or weekend shifts
1. Patient Identification- Uses professional manners and methods, verifies patient identification, obtains patient history, assists patients and family members that require extra attention, insures patient understanding whenever possible, and insures patient safety. Verifies patient identification, asks and documents pregnancy status on patients of child bearing age.
2. MRI Technology- Demonstrates knowledge of MRI and cross-sectional human anatomy. Is competent in the operation of the MRI scanners, proficient in automatic injections of MRI contrast, disc drives, gateways, PACS and laser printers. Maintains active status with the ARRT by accruing CE’s when needed. Interprets protocols and selects appropriate scanning parameters, shares knowledge with fellow MRI technologists and uses technical knowledge to assist in actively trouble shooting problems with respect to equipment and protocols
3. Contrast- Administers oral contrast to adult and pediatric patients according to protocols, establishes intravenous lines, administers IV contrast following safe and proper injection procedures, follows correct procedure to determine contrast eligibility, checks appropriate lab values before contrast injection per protocol.
4. Image Transfer- Maintains thorough understanding of PACS, and transmits images to QC, UNCH’s EMR, EPIC and PACS, verifies and segments images at the QC station, accesses IMPAX service tools to verify images transmission, completes, modifies and/or cancels orders in an appropriate and timely manner, cancels duplicate orders to avoid duplicate billing. Insures that all charge information is accurate. Verifies patient identification in accordance with UNC policy, insures that all appropriate demographic information is accurate and on the PACS images.
5. Other Duties- Performs task in a timely manner, runs the schedule creating a consistent workflow, volunteers to work on challenging tasks, difficult procedures and new research, produces quality diagnostic images, reviews patients chart and reports for correlation, maintains a clean and orderly work environment, creates and keeps documentation of incidents as improvement opportunities for employees and the department. Precept new employees and students
* Completion of an accredited educational program in Radiological Science or completion within 3 months at time of application.
* Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiological Sciences or registry eligible. For registry eligible candidates: must provide a copy of diploma from accredited program.
* Requires advanced certification in MR within one year of employment.
* Successful candidates must become registered within one year of employment and must maintain their registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
* All imaging specialists are required to maintain current competency in HCP BLS.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Prior education, training and experience that provides the ability to perform the assigned tasks.
* Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
* Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
* Organization Unit: Rex MRI
* Work Type: Per Diem
* Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
* Work Schedule: Variable
* Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
* Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No