Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs standard and complex electroneurodiagnostic tests in the Clinical Neurophysiology Lab and polysomnographic testing on patients in the Sleep Disorders Lab. Work may be performed in a lab, clinic, patient bedside, or in the operating room.
1. May provide instruction and guidance to other technologists in the Neurodiagnostic and/or Sleep Disorders Lab.
2. Performs diagnostic patient testing electroencephalogram (EEG), electromyography (EMG), nerve conduction velocities (NCV), sensory evoked potentials (EP), and polysomnographic testing with possible oxygen therapy and continuous positive air pressure treatments (CPAP).
3. Performs room and equipment set-up and placement in hospital rooms, operating rooms, or clinics. Calibrates and maintains equipment.
4. Reads and scores neurodiagnostic and/or polysomnographic tests.
5. Takes patient histories. Provides instruction to patients and families regarding test preparation, pre-test interviews, and follow-up appointments.
- Graduation from an acceptable program of Neurophysiology
- Registered in one of the following specialty areas:•EEG (Electroencecephalogram- R. EEG T., CLTM)•EP (Evoked Potentials-R. EP T.)•Intra-Operative Monitoring (CNIM)•Nerve Conduction Velocity studies (NCV•Polysomnography (RPSGT)
Professional Experience Requirements:
- If completion of an acceptable program of Neurophysiology: No prior experience required.
- If a High School diploma or GED: Two (2) years of experience performing a variety of Sleep or Neurodiagnostics procedures.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Neuro Sleep
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No