Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The System Payroll Specialist is responsible for day-to-day payroll transactions and the accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly payrolls for both exempt and non-exempt employees on one or more payroll systems and for one or more payroll companies. This role prepares, analyzes, and reviews payroll reports, calculations of payroll and exception items such as bonuses, garnishments, terminations, tax adjustments, administration of time and attendance systems and report requirements.
1. Payroll Processing: Assists with processing biweekly payroll. Reviews and audits timekeeping records for compliance with established standards and policies. Enters new data into the payroll and timekeeping system. Posts changes in pay and tax status and miscellaneous employee changes associated with payroll. Processes requests related to special programs such as PTO Sell Back, PTO payout at termination and dual employment and preparation of W-2 documents.
2. Payroll Analysis: Computes wage and overtime payments. Calculates and records payroll deductions. Processes and prepares manual checks. Prepares data and documents in support of more complex processing and processes conducted by senior members of the team. Conducts batch importing, journal, and wire processing. Although duties normally follow established procedures, responsibilities may include routine, minor corrections to make documents acceptable for processing.
3. Audit and Compliance: Balances and controls earnings and deduction totals. Calculates and prepares general ledger entries. Inspects automated system output such as registers and standard reports. Determines and corrects out-of-balance conditions. Prepares, audits, and files tax reports. Calculates military and jury duty pay. Processes garnishments, levies and manual checks.
4. Reporting and Consultation: Gathers payroll data for inclusion in financial statements. Researches and prepares special reports for management. Provides policy information and employee specific data to employees in a customer service capacity. Interacts with internal department representatives to resolve issues.
- Associates degree in related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and, experience).
- No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- If an Associate’s degree: Two (2) years of relevant experience.
- If a High School diploma or GED: Six (6) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proven organizational and problem solving skills.Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability.Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.Uses professional concepts and payroll knowledge. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Payroll
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No