Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Hospitals Rehabilitation Service Line is accepting applications for a full-time, 40 hour per week Physical Therapist I in an outpatient clinic with advanced clinical experience in pediatric neurological and developmental rehabilitation; diagnoses include autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, muscular dystrophy, gait disturbance, gross motor delay, orthopedic conditions, spinal cord injury, spina bifida, traumatic brain injury, torticollis, vestibular disorders, hematology/oncology and weakness. Experience with complex pediatric neurological diagnoses is essential in this setting and ability to mentor others in these areas is preferred. Physical therapy services available to our pediatric caseloads include aquatic therapy, casting for orthotic management, wheelchair and equipment evaluations, dynamic body-weight support system, and functional electrical stimulation.
At least four to five years of pediatric experience is strongly preferred, as well as ABPTS Board Certified Pediatric Clinical Specialist. This candidate will also work closely with an experienced group of physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists as part of our Outpatient team, as well as with other providers in interdisciplinary clinics. Excellent time management, communication, flexibility, and organizational skills are required in this fast paced environment. Good leadership skills are needed to coordinate patient care coverage with other disciplines within the UNC Healthcare System and academic institutions across the state to provide clinical instruction to students within the clinic. This position will include involvement in mentoring pediatric physical therapy resident(s), students and staff. The selected candidate will work 40 hours a week, flexible days and hours, and may involve cross coverage in interdisciplinary clinics.
1. Diagnostic Testing – Administers basic & complex diagnostic tests and evaluations in the area of Physical Therapy for the treatment of mobility disorders and related impairments
2. Education – Teach & supervise graduate Physical Therapy students and/or clinical fellows/residents. Develops or contributes to innovative programs to enhance patient care. Serves as resource consultant to other clinicians in respective specialty area.
3. Evaluation of Care – Analyzes results of diagnostic and or therapeutic testing to establish patient goals and or modify subsequent treatment programs. Identifies expected patient outcomes. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care.
4. Implementation– Selects and applies current and advanced techniques to provide quality and efficient rehabilitative services. Provides habilitation/rehabilitation and maintenance of persons with mobility related impairments. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs.
5. Outreach/Community Involvement-Serves as resource to North Carolina government departments and statewide health professionals in specialty areas. Presents at local (university/hospital) or state level, participates in community health screening and events. Participates in the development of new clinical programs to meet emerging needs in conjunction with the clinical specialist and/or department director.
6. Participation – Contributes to quality of clinical services through attendance and participation in departmental meetings and in-services.
7. Quality-Contributes to quality of clinical services through maintenance of valid & reliable records of patient procedures & progress. Participates in quality improvement initiatives with the clinical specialist and other healthcare professionals. Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department director.
Other InformationEducation Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: ACC Physical Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes