Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The Senior Business Intelligence Visualization Developer leads and enables one or many components of the end-to-end lifecycle of our tableau dashboards and analytics data marts for business functions across the health system. This includes but is not limited to planning, development, testing, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of new or existing functionality.
The Senior Business Intelligence Visualization Developer also provides end-user technical enablement and support for tableau dashboards and analytics data marts, which may include high-touch customer service, communications, and the creation of reusable knowledge assets such as documentation and training content.
The Senior Business Intelligence Visualization Developer is an individual contributor requiring limited supervision. This position may be required to supervise others.
Technical/Analytical Development – Develop and optimize tableau dashboards and analytics data marts.
Application/ End-User Enablement & Support- The Senior Business Intelligence Visualization Developer leads and supports departmental, organizational, and cross-functional central analytics efforts and priorities in day-to-day work. They approach each new opportunity or challenge with the mindset of providing scalable, reusable, reliable, redundant, and recoverable systems and operations. They engage in portfolio review expectations, including technical support request responsibilities. Responsibilities may include, and are not limited to: own and support enterprise applications (high scale & reliability); analytics community and end-user enablement (required); provision data for user consumption (enterprise assets) as applicable; builds redundant or recoverable systems; guide/research/evaluate build vs buy decisions, including vendor evaluations; prototype/evaluate/build new products/templates; guides or leads performance optimization; fundamental solution to workflow integration; guide/review data asset development; on-call 24/7 rotation, including extended support for application and entity rollouts.
Communication, Knowledge Management & Relationships- The Senior Business Intelligence Visualization Developer collaborates with team members to successfully complete assigned tasks, shares knowledge openly. They communicate in a manner that is clear, concise, and politically and culturally sensitive. The Senior Business Intelligence Visualization Developer updates management, customers, and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports and/or communications. Data Governance stewardship process participation is expected. There may be frequent rotation to new business domains, and therefore an opportunity to learn about various areas of the business.
Leadership, Mentorship & Training – Leadership and mentorship team responsibilities. Mentors junior staff and analytics community members.
Project Management & Facilitation- The Senior Business Intelligence Visualization Developer facilitates enterprise-level projects and coordinates technical decisions. They provide effective project management to clearly define projects, develop project plans, and develops analytics to inform teams and guide prioritization. May coordinate with vendors to understand and deploy product roadmap, upgrades, and support.
Requires Bachelors degree
– No licensure or certification required.
– Professional Experience Requirements:
– If a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then two (2) years of experience is required.
– If a Bachelors Degree in other field, requires four (4) years of experience.
– If Master’s Degree, then two (2) years of experience is required.
– If PhD, then no years of experience is required.
– If an Associates Degree, requires ten (10) years of experience.
– If High School Diploma, requires twelve (12) years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
– NOVICE- Limited Proficiency: You have the level of experience gained in a classroom and/or experimental scenarios or as a trainee on the job. You are expected to need help when performing this skill.
– INTERMEDIATE- Intermediate Proficiency: You are able to successfully complete tasks in this competency as requested. Help from an expert may be required from time to time, but you can usually perform the skill independently.
– ADVANCED- Advanced Proficiency: You can perform the actions associated with this skill without assistance. You are recognized within the organization as ‘a person to ask’ when difficult questions arise regarding this skill.
– EXPERT- Expert Proficiency: You are a known expert in this area. You can provide guidance, troubleshoot and answer questions related to this area of expertise and the field where the skill is used.
The following KSAs apply to all HCS Enterprise Analytics & Interop Developer II:
– Technical or analytics skills: Intermediate
– SDLC/ITIL/DevOps/Release Management: Intermediate to Expert
– Design and Deploy processes, standards, and best practices: Intermediate
– Implement, administer, configure, and support software platforms, including vendor relations and project coordination: Intermediate
– Team leadership responsibilities
– Stakeholder requirements gathering and presentation skills: Intermediate
– Analytics or multidisciplinary team facilitation or project management: Novice
– Written and verbal communication skills: Intermediate
– Exemplifies UNC Health System values
The following KSAs apply to some functional domains. Recruiters please work with the hiring manager to identify:
– Data domains knowledge: Intermediate
– Data visualization software and UI design: Intermediate; Tableau Preferred
– SAP HANA view creation Preferred
– SQL: Intermediate (required)
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Enterprise Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes