Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
Data Scientists are experts within UNC Health Cares Enterprise Analytics and Data Sciences organization regarding the application of advanced analytical methods to improve health care delivery, cost, quality, and outcomes. Data Scientists use data science and software engineering techniques to create and deploy unique and innovative advanced analytics solutions that deliver actionable information to stakeholders with a high degree of impact. Statistician/Data Scientist is a part of the Data Science job family within UNC Healthcare.
– Designs and develops enterprise-class, advanced analytic models to understand and solve complex business problems. Creates models by analyzing large data sets from various sources and processes.
– Establishes scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses and model development, validation, and implementation.
– Ensures consistent, meaningful reporting and output formatting across all deliverables.
– Develops and documents technical designs such as Entity-Relationship Diagrams (ERD), data flow diagrams, component diagrams, architecture design documents, etc.
– Drafts and presents analytic proposals, designs and solutions to client stakeholders crafted to address both recognized and unrecognized needs and opportunities that are grounded in domain knowledge.
– Interfaces with relevant stakeholders to assist in lifecycle activities such as requirements gathering, research activities, and solution architecture and design.
– Organizes methods, plans, and data constructs for effective clinical and business analyses.
Requires a Bachelors degree in a related field
Professional Experience Requirements:
– If a Doctorate: Requires one (1) years of relevant experience
– If a Masters Degree: Requires three (3) years of relevant experience
– If a Bachelors Degree: Requires five (5) years of experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
– Requires prior experience with R, Python, or other analytics/data mining tools, databases, and computer programming.
– Requires prior experience in developing complex solutions utilizing Business Intelligence tools.
– Requires prior experience in building and deploying predictive models and other analytic assets.
– Requires prior experience in SQL/Database programming such as stored procedures, functions, temporary tables, parameterization, complex joins, and groupings
1. Theoretical fluency and working proficiency in the application of a broad array of statistical methods such as description and inferential statistics, multivariate regression, clustering, neural networks, predictive modeling, forecasting, machine learning, data mining, and optimization algorithms.
2. Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with ability to work with large, disparate data sets, performing data mining, validation and analysis to trend and interpret information.
3. Ability to interpret and summarize results of various analyses in a timely and meaningful way is required.
4. Superior computer skills are required, with knowledge in relevant software packages and languages such as, but not limited to, R, Python and SQL.
5. Strong database understanding and familiarity with complex data and structures
6. Strong skills in data visualization concepts and techniques.
7. Excellent analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
8. A high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm, autonomy and initiative on a daily basis is required.
9. Excellent listening, interpersonal and communication skills. Must maintain excellent communications with customers and stakeholders
10. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment is required.
11. Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail.
12. Experience managing multiple and competing tasks/priorities with delivery deadlines
13. Great attention to detail and accuracy
14. Comfortable and proficient in executing in virtual and/or cloud computing environments
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Enterprise Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes