Who We Are and What We Do
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston is dedicated to building a strong multigenerational network of global citizens in the Boston area. We educate, inspire, and mobilize members of the community to engage with critical global issues central to the work and mission of the United Nations.
Our Education Team furthers this mission by creating opportunities for young people to develop as
productive global citizens through Model UN programs. During our Summer Institute in Global Leadership, students have the opportunity to learn about important global issues, participate in Model UN, meet guest speakers, and build skills for communication, collaboration, problem-solving,
and critical thinking.
Our Summer Institute in Global Leadership includes week-long programs and reaches approximately
300 students from all over the world. We are looking to hire a team of 5-7 interns to help facilitate
- Primary: Teach at UNAGB’s Summer Institute Global Leadership: Prepare interactive presentations and lesson activities, coach students on discussion and debate, and lead public speaking and team-building games
- Research and write topic guides on a wide variety of global issues (human rights, international security, environment, etc.)
- Perform various operations and materials creation tasks
- Administrative support for day-to-day operations of UNAGB
Qualifications and requirements:
- Passionate about global issues and the goals of the UN
- Exceptionally strong communication, research, and writing skills required
- Passion for working with middle and high school students required, experience preferred
- Model UN, Model Congress, Speech & Debate, student government, or theater experience strongly preferred
- Strong self-management and organizational skills required
- Experience working with small teams
- Has completed relevant coursework; majoring in International relations, economics, political science, education, or a related field
- Time commitment: 20-36 hours a week, primarily Monday-Friday. A minimum of 20 hours a week is required
- Before Summer Institute in Global Leadership begins: remote
- During Summer Institute in Global Leadership: Programs will be held virtually, with the potential of 3 of our weeks to have an in-person option added. In-person programming, if added, will take place in the Boston area
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.