The internship is located in the United Nations Information Center in Washington, DC and is for a period of four months. The internship is UNPAID and full-time or part-time depending on academic obligations, to commence as soon as possible. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) for full time or three days per week (21 hours) for part-time, under the supervision of the Senior Liaison Assistant and other office staff.
Candidates are encouraged to highlight their specific skills and/or experience in their application. They are asked to do so carefully in order to enhance the value of the internship for both themselves and the receiving division.
The selected intern will perform duties to include, but not limited to the following:
• Assist with content and design of social media posts and conduct analysis of social media metrics;
• Assist with the production of communication products, including conducting research, compiling information, coordinating logistics, and assisting with public inquiries;
• Assist with preparations for events, high-level visitors from headquarters and field offices, and speaking engagements;
• Compile, analyze and organize data for office reports;
• Attend meetings and draft summaries;
• Perform other tasks as necessary.
See website for more details: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=159340&Lang=en-US