Coordinator, International Programs
(FT 12 month commitment preferred)
(Open until filled)
United Planet is looking for an intern or volunteer to join our team and help coordinate international programs. This position involves various responsibilities in our Quest Department, which focuses on “Quest” programs that are from 1 week to 1 year in duration. The position may also entail daily communication, advising, and coordination with potential and enrolled volunteers as well as international coordinators. In addition to supporting the Quest team, there may be opportunities to support projects related to United Planet’s project-based, virtual exchange program. This is a great opportunity for those interested in gaining experience in education abroad, service-learning, or the non-profit field.
Support our International Programs Managers in their daily work of coordinating online and abroad volunteer programs, as well as other global programming needs within the organization.
Duration of Internship (flexible)
● 12 months – 30 to 40 hours per week
○ January to December
● 6 months – 30 to 40 hours per week
o January to June
o July to December
● Promote United Planet programs via email and phone to prospective individuals and groups
● Assist with preparing pre-departure, pre-program, and other training for all volunteers
● Aid in the coordination and preparation of volunteers for their programs online and abroad
● Support volunteers in the visa application process
● As needed, help with other operations and departments, including but not limited to, incoming programs for international volunteers traveling to the United States
● Administrative tasks, as needed
Desired experience (in order of importance)
● Experience with customer service via email and/or phone
● Demonstrated resourcefulness and attention to detail in past endeavors
● Highly organized and task-oriented
● Previous volunteering or community service experience preferred
● Previous international travel experience preferred
● Spanish, Germany, or English fluency preferred
● Gain experience working on an international team
● Work in a friendly and dedicated environment and be mentored by experienced managers
● Acquire valuable and transferable skills
● Assist in building a global non-governmental organization which will make an increasingly positive impact in the world for many years to come
● After completion of your time on staff at UP, you will receive the opportunity to participate in United Planet’s International Volunteer (Quest) Programs at cost for life!
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this is a volunteer/unpaid position.