The Department of Otolaryngology is seeking s student employee to work on clinical research project studying clinical decision making in the choice for elective surgery. This position will be supervised by and will report to Dr. Vijay Ramakrishnan.
This position is grant funded and pays a monthly stipend of $1,500/month. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation or benefits.
· Currently in MD program
· Experience with patient-oriented research
· Knowledge of human subjects research
· Knowledge of IRB submissions and regulatory compliance
· Currently in MD/MPH program
· Advanced training and experience in qualitative approaches with both patients and providers, including interviewing, coding and analysis
· Interest in manuscript creation
· Ability to prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under strict time constraints
· Good interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft office software, computer data entry, and data management
· Ability to follow detailed and complicated protocols
· Ability to be team oriented and flexible
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision