This position supports USGBC’s Conferences & Events (C&E) logistics team in planning and executing events (digital and in-person as conditions allow), conducting industry research, updating existing tools, SOPs and data analytics reporting to demonstrate Return on Events (ROE).
The C&E Events Intern contributes to process improvement and operational efficiencies, designing outstanding event experiences, executing engagement strategies, and ensuring a high-level customer service and value for investment. The Ideal candidate will possess a basic understanding of event operations and a strong desire to learn and leverage best practices and event skills to deliver all aspects of event execution from conception to completion. Additionally, this position will become familiar with sustainable event practices.
This internship is based in our DC office but can be performed remotely due to current COVID-19 precautions. Accepting full or part-time applicants.
- Digital Events: Support C&E logistics team delivering on the design and technology strategies to plan and execute digital events focusing on a successful virtual audience experience.
- In-Person and Hybrid Events: Support C&E logistics team in planning and delivering blended digital and in-person events, including all digital responsibilities noted above. In-person includes, but is not limited to, supporting food and beverage selection, signage, AV, registration services, sponsorship fulfillment, vendor and third party research, updating and monitoring event timelines and run of show schedules, assisting with site selection research, supporting department and team meetings and calendars, and general office duties and administrative support.
- Registration: Support registration lead in establishing event registration requirements and building, testing, launching and maintaining registration sites.
- KPI Review: Work with registration and event leads to collect, review, analyze and report on key performance indicators and event metrics to demonstrate effectiveness in event execution, service to our constituents and continuous improvement. Establish benchmarking measures that will allow C&E to establish best practices and report ROE.
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.
Desired Education and Training of Candidates:
- Candidates are enrolled in or have completed an Event Planning or related field of study – in pursuit of or having obtained an accredited certification or degree
- Interest and/or experience in the fields of sustainability, architecture, urban planning or education
- Excellent computer skills – is technology savvy and demonstrates proficiency in MS Office Suite for PCs. Mac experience welcome.
- Experience with or aptitude to quickly learn event technologies and platforms, including but not limited to registration systems like Cvent and Eventbrite, Video Conferencing tools like Zoom, Microsoft Teams. Experience with Social Tables, mobile apps and digital collaboration tools are welcome but not required.
- Experience with meeting room setup and basic audio visual equipment familiarity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent customer service.
- Change ready, creative, innovative.
- Self-driven to complete tasks independently, on time and with quality results.
After completing the internship, the individual will be able to:
- Demonstrate experience in planning and executing digital and/or in-person events
- Understand ROE delivery on event and KPIs
- Understand basic event sustainability practices in the event industry
- Understand best practices in the event industry