This position will support USGBC’s Conferences & Events (C&E) Program team in coordinating the delivery of the conference education program, associated summits, workshops, and other educational offerings at various USGBC events. This position will additionally assist in coordination and execution of conference education components including session tracking, session survey data analysis, drafting speaker resources and communications, and volunteer working group support.
Additionally, this position will present an in-depth lens into the non-profit, sustainability (esp. green building) and event management and engagement industries.
This internship is based in our DC office but can be performed remotely due to current COVID-19 precautions. Accepting full or part-time applicants.
- Liaise with Program team members in preparation for conference education program retreats, pre-and post-event preparation and follow up.
- Support data analysis of session surveys and attendee engagement.
- Assist with updating educational content including speaker details, proofing presentations etc.
- Assist in coordination and execution of conference logistics as assigned.
- Assist in coordinating conference communication, including e-mail customer service.
- Assist with event technologies including registration, speaker management and survey platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply: Please email email@example.com or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.
After completing the internship, the individual will be able to:
- Demonstrate experience in planning and executing digital and/or in-person events
- Understand basic conference education formats and learning approaches
- Understand attendee satisfaction analysis
- Understand best practices in the event industry