This position will support USGBC’s Conferences & Events (C&E) Sponsorship team by expanding sponsorship outreach efforts and updating existing tools for recording and tracking efforts.
This position will contribute to improved processes for greater efficiency and substantial growth in sales and engagement. With support from the C&E team, this candidate will become familiar with the multidisciplinary nature of sponsorship, attendee participation, and experience delivery. Facets include marketing, sales, communications, business development, data analysis, and process improvement. Additionally, this position will present an in-depth lens into the non-profit, construction and development, and sustainability (esp. green building) sectors.
This internship is based in our DC office but can be performed remotely due to current COVID-19 precautions. Accepting full or part-time applicants.
- Competitive Analysis: Research and Analyze other industry events and related sponsorship opportunities (digital and in-person) and summarize key offerings and metrics supplied.
- Prospectus Building: Create a digital visual representation of sponsorship benefits
- Executive Briefs: Compile sponsor information, i.e., industry sector, membership, LEED certifications, and other background data in support of executive engagement at event.
- Identifying, Collecting, and Analyzing Metrics:
- Work with Marketing, C&E Programming, and Registration to gather and summarize metrics associated with the sponsorship program.
- Cull email distribution lists to match persona, sector, and regional outreach strategies and related communications. Examples:
-Calculate the percentage of registrants that are credentialed, vis-à-vis sponsors
-Compare percentage of attendees that are members vis-à-vis sponsors.
-Identify and target prospective clients through research and USGBC/GBCI data
analysis to develop a sales opportunity pipeline.
-Conduct cross-organizational review of past USGBC events & their sponsors,
including regional events for overlap with C&E events to discover areas of alignment.
- Create Sponsorship Case Studies for marketing purposes
- Sales and Outreach Tracking:
- Research inactive accounts for incorrect emails and updated contact information.
- Categorize accounts on tracker to match sales prospecting strategy and priorities.
- Summarize weekly outreach and sales reporting, as well as key organizational KPI metrics.
- Update event trackers with outreach, sales, and invoicing information.
- Consolidate all prospects into one sheet for analysis purposes.
- Update worldwide sponsor archive after each event.
- Review post reports from past events to produce composite show-goer, i.e., function and industries, for marketing materials, e-blasts, and prospectuses
- Input opportunities into salesforce.
- Assist with Pardot analyses and related e-blasts.
- Account Support: Assist in culling information related to sponsorship deliverables post-event and creating a post-report.
- KPI Review: Review key metrics, i.e., industry, membership, and other variables, to identify sponsor profiles and gaps. Establish benchmarking measures that will allow C&E sponsorship to establish best practices.
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.
After completing the internship, the individual will be able to:
- Demonstrate experience in fundraising within the non-profit sector
- Understand ROI delivery on event sponsorship.
- Describe key stakeholders in the green building industry.
- Understand sales cycles, KPIs, and sponsorship & events best practices.