USGBC is a Washington DC based nonprofit organization focused on proving better buildings equals better lives. USGBC established the LEED system to support this vision. LEED is the most widely used green building program in the world and is helping transform buildings, communities and cities around the world. Today, people know that if they are in a LEED-certified building they are using less energy and water, avoiding waste, saving on maintenance costs, improving indoor air quality, offering comfort to their occupants, and creating less environmental burden on their community. They also know that they are in a building that enhances their health and wellness.
As the HR Intern, you will work closely with the VP, HR on several projects related to recruitment, intern programming and benefits administration. This internship will provide you hands-on non-profit HR experience.
You will take initiative, work well independently and collaborate with teams. You should have a proven ability to take initiative, prioritize competing demands, and produce valuable research which can be used to make organizational decisions.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
· Review and submit proposal for recruiting page updates
· Identify ways that USGBC can market itself better to help aid our recruitment efforts
· Compile all current job descriptions for the organization
· Identify fellowship/funding opportunities that align with our mission
· Create contacts with local universities and ensure access to online posting boards
· Build master document of contacts, recommendations, and areas of study
· Research opportunities for automated benefit services
· Create effective communication to staff regarding benefit policy incentives
· Working with the VP of HR, help create benefit toolkits
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.
· Current enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate program of study required.
· Degree or specialty in Human Resources, business, or equivalent program.
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills
· Desire for continued learning
· Paid internship, 32 hours per week, 12 weeks.
· Location: Remote
· Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST
· USGBC is an equal opportunity employer