GBCI is the premier certification body responsible for global delivery and quality oversight of green building and green business sustainability standards. It is an integrated team of green building specialists administering and advancing the certification programs of industry leading rating systems addressing sustainability, health, and wellness in the built environment and beyond, for LEED.
The Certification Associate will work alongside 140+ staff experts and 600 consultants with locations in the U.S., Europe, India, China and Canada to facilitate third party verification services to project teams and professionals in over 160 countries. The Certification Associate will play an integral role in administering and improving upon existing standard operating processes, developing and deploying new certification processes and managing day-to-day customer interactions surrounding the integration and delivery model for GBCI’s programs.
This position is remote.
- Support day-to-day operations and serve as the primary point-of-contact for a wide range of GBCI certification programs: monitor review timelines and ensure deadlines are met, process applications, perform light technical quality control, communicate policies, and monitor and analyze program specific performance metrics and prepare reporting
- Serve as Project Management Lead for GBCI portfolio-level customers:
- Monitor certification activities and assist with project-level forecasting and tracking
- Assist customers with operational support including process and invoice requests
- Coordinate closely with LEED reviewers, USGBC Account Managers, and others as needed to provide customers with a seamless and integrated experience
- Support certification programs including but not limited to: business process development, integration, optimization, and management:
- Create, organize, and maintain comprehensive documentation for department business processes, tools, and applications
- Collect and synthesize feedback from end users
- Work with stakeholders to analyze, measure, and improve (or replace) existing business processes
- Align certification business processes with industry best practices (ISO 17065 and others)
- Prepare training materials and/or resources for process and technology end users
- Liaise with other GBCI and USGBC departments, such as Customer Service, Credentialing, Technical Solutions, and Education to provide technical and process-related support. Provide timely, effective, accurate and organized information and oversee technical resolution for diverse range of complex issues and coordination for a defined process
- Deliver outstanding customer support by providing timely, positive and professional attitude, and maintaining composure under pressure
- Maintain currency of expertise of existing and emerging business tools and methods as they impact the delivery model of third-party verification services
To apply: Please email email@example.com or fax your resume and a letter of interest. Please do not apply directly through Handshake.
- The subject line of the email must include Last name, First name, Position (such as Jones, Sam, LEED Certification Associate)
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Any attachments must be titled Last name, First name, document (such as, Jones_ Sam_Resume)
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.
Metrics for Success
- Complete all assigned project deliverables and inquiries on schedule
- Achieve customer service satisfaction consistent with department goals
- Achieve individual performance goals on an annual basis
- Demonstrate professional growth by advancing foundational and leadership competencies
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration
- Minimum 2+ years professional experience project coordination, operations, and/or customer support
- Strong computer skills, including advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel (mastery over formulas, pivot tables and reporting, VBA and macros, and integrating Excel with other tools)
- LEED Green Associate required, LEED AP with specialty preferred
- Demonstrated success with process improvement
Other Required Skills and Qualifications
- Passion and commitment to GBCI’s mission to become the premier organization independently recognizing excellence in green business performance and practice globally
- Highly motivated and engaged professional dedicated to sustainability
- Excellent time management, judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including solving customer issues in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills
- Detail oriented, attentive and proactive
- Strong sense of ownership, integrity, and professional accountability
- Comfortable working above and beyond job responsibilities to further the organizational goals
- Personable team member with success working well independently and with diverse groups
- An aptitude for gaining new technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and consultants
- Encourage and accelerate global adoption of green business practices through various sustainability standards, tools and performance criteria.