USGBC’s LEED for Cities program is an integral part of the LEED for Cities and Communities rating system. It uniquely provides local government decision-makers with a comprehensive program to plan, develop, implement, operate, manage and improve sustainability and quality of life at the jurisdiction-wide or city/county scale.
USGBC is seeking a LEED for Cities summer intern focused on marketing and communications to work closely with the Cities team as we share best practices and showcase the people and projects that are committed to certification and continuous improvement. The internship would offer the opportunity to research urban planning, policies, and strategies being deployed by cities and counties in the US and globally to achieve tangible progress. It will involve technical writing on issues pertaining to sustainable urban development, climate change, water, transportation, waste, the green economy, natural systems, ecology, equitability, health, safety and other key aspects. The intern will likely connect with sustainability and resilience officers to obtain images, quotes and related materials for publication.
Please note that this is an unpaid position and eligible to get academic credits.
INTERNSHIP DETAILS INCLUDE
- Work with USGBC staff and urban sustainability leaders to identify innovative policies, strategies and projects that are helping cities and counties to achieve tangible progress
- Research, identify and assemble information pertaining to best practices in urban sustainability
- Tell stories and articulate successes tied to projects that have achieved LEED for Cities certification
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.
Work remotely – no travel needed
EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES
- Current enrollment in a graduate program
- Major or specialization in public administration, urban planning, geography, policy, marketing and communications, or other related fields
- Knowledge of sustainability, climate change, social equity, resilience, and/or green buildings
- Previous experience working on social media, blogs, marketing or communications campaigns
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for urban sustainability, climate action, social equity and community resilience
- Must be creative with excellent writing skills, including editing and attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Commitment to USGBC mission
- LEED Green Associate preferred