USGBC’s LEED for Communities is an integral part of LEED for Cities and Communities rating system and uniquely provides decision-makers and people a comprehensive program to plan, develop, implement, operate, manage and improve sustainability and quality of life at the community scale.
USGBC is seeking a LEED for Communities summer intern to work closely with the Vice President – Communities on capturing and distilling market feedback on this rating system. The internship would offer the opportunity to research urban planning, policies, strategies, practices and projects being deployed by communities globally to achieve tangible progress. It will also require data collection, harmonizing and analysis on a number of metrics by working with USGBC staff and other researchers addressing issues pertaining to smart urban development, climate change, water, transportation, waste, the green economy, natural systems, ecology, equitability, health, safety and other key aspects.
Please note that this is an unpaid position and eligible to get academic credits.
INTERNSHIP DETAILS INCLUDE
- Research, identify and assemble market feedback and data on energy, water, waste, transportation, education, equity, prosperity and public health and safety from communities and publicly available sources.
- Work with USGBC staff and urban sustainability experts in identifying innovative policies, strategies and projects that help communities in achieving tangible progress.
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.
Work remotely – no travel needed
EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Major or specialization in urban planning, environmental studies, or other related fields.
- Knowledge of green buildings, energy, water, transportation, waste, infrastructure, public health, safety or sustainability
- Strategies and policies for improving urban sustainability and quality of life
- Data mining, harmonizing and analytics
- Urban statistics and modeling for transportation, energy, water, waste, and quality of life
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- LEED Green Associate preferred
- Passion for green building, urban planning and sustainability topics
- Interest in sharing knowledge with others while growing their own knowledge
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Commitment to USGBC mission