USQ’s Communications Department, managed by the executive director and strategic planning manager, publicizes the sport of quidditch and the activities of USQ to pre existing players and fan bases and seeks to expand the league’s audience. It also focuses on visually representing the sport in a way that is consistent with USQ’s messaging and brand guidelines.
This is a year round, remote volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department as needed. They will have the opportunity to work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks.
- Create assets for use on social media, merchandise, and on-site at events
- Assist with the design of templates for projects
TASKS MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Create designs for USQ to use on apparel and other merch products
- Create templates for signs and banners
- Contribute to designing templates for projects including USQ rulebook and annual report
- Assist with other graphic design projects as needed
- Interest in graphic design work
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with Canva and other graphic design software, or at least the willingness to learn and become familiar with these platforms
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week including meetings