The risk management coordinator is a member of the office of the executive director. This role works with the executive director to help promote risk management and safety initiatives for US Quidditch. The office of the executive director consists of several teams, and also manages new or emerging programs, supports day to day organization operations, and works directly with the board of directors.
This is a year round, remote volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend regular meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department. They will work on a variety of USQ programs and events, including regional championships and US Quidditch Cup. When they volunteer at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks. Travel is encouraged but not required for this role.
- Develop and promote risk management and safety initiatives for USQ
TASKS MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Create and share risk management and safety focused education training materials for athletes
- Help identify and address areas where USQ can improve on safety practices
- Establish and upkeep methods of tracking metrics for injuries and analyze data
- Advise other staff teams on issues related to safety
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with quidditch and how the sport works
- Experience as an athletic trainer, physical therapist, sports medicine professional, or in the process of completing training/schooling in any of these areas
- Availability to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week, including meetings