The Web Development Coordinator is a member of the Office of the Executive Director. This role supports the Executive Director with various website related tasks for US Quidditch. This is a year round volunteer position.
USQ has a primary website, usquidditch.org. The current website is a custom-built system running on a dedicated server. It uses a CakePHP framework. Changes are tracked and implemented through a code repository. USQ Cup, the national championship, has a separate website, usquidditchcup.com. It is a WordPress site.
This is a year round, remote volunteer position. Volunteers will receive a USQ email address and attend regular meetings with other volunteers on their team or in their department.
- Develop and execute new features for the website
- Troubleshoot website bugs
TASKS MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Make updates to the backend of the USQ website
- Track and fix bugs
- Brainstorm and implement new features
- Assist with front-end development as needed
- Strong coding skills/web development experience
- Attention to detail
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours/week, including meetings