- Handle first party, moderate/severe WC medical claims.
- Operate within a rules-based environment with a strong customer satisfaction emphasis.
- This position will have numerous contacts with, including but not limited to, injured workers, insureds, agents, and vendors by telephone and in writing.
- Required to take recorded statements as directed by supervisor.
- Handle and assign hearing notices to defense counsel.
- Work on bringing claim files to closure.
- Responsible for setting medical incurred when appropriate.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management in relation to daily operations.
- College degree or equivalent experience. Insurance coursework is beneficial.
- 1-2 years previous claims experience preferred, not required.
- Required to obtain state licensing for file handling after starting.