CBR.com is looking for dedicated News Editors to provide daily coverage for the Anime and Manga news team. CBR is the oldest and most respected comic book culture website in the world. We are the leading resource for coverage on comic books, film, and TV, anime and nearly every other kind of fandom. It is the internet’s first and final stop for nerd culture, news, commentary and community.
Candidates should be experts in the field of Anime and Manga, with up-to-the-minute knowledge of breaking news and an in-depth understanding of the latest industry trends. We want researchers whose fingers are on the pulse of the Anime and Manga world, and who know exactly where to look for its most exciting developments.
CBR welcomes everyone. We are striving for more representation on our site and we want to hear YOUR voice. We’re always looking for skilled and passionate writers to make an impact in the world of comics. We want the voices on our site to reflect the diversity of the community it serves.
- Edit/Write a minimum of 10 news articles daily; (50/weekly)
- 8-hour shifts; 9 am – 5 pm EST, Monday – Friday
- Identify news stories for CBR.com;
- Craft headlines, blurbs and peripheral text to capture new and existing traffic
- Optimize SEO to capture search traffic;
- Create or identify eye-catching images;
- Assign, edit and provide regular feedback to the Anime/Manga freelance writing team;
- Identify new areas of growth for CBR Anime and Manga News;
- Track and analyze traffic trends to identify best practices and areas for future growth;
- Communicate with external media partners on behalf of CBR;
- Conduct any and all other tasks as given by the Lead Editor or Senior Staff.
- Cover Letter
- Samples of previously published works, if available
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Strong knowledge of AP News Style
- Previous experience writing and editing would be an asset
- Basic knowledge in SEO
- Broad working knowledge of anime and manga history, an expert on anime characters past and present.
University students are welcome to apply. The hiring team at CBR will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you’d make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
*This is a freelance, remote, work from home position*