ABOUT THE ROLE:
Does your perfect day consist of cleansing, researching and enriching complex data for customers to find useful insights and connections? Do you like to slice-and-dice data to provide critical solutions that are useful to the company and its clients? If you have a strong desire to learn new tools and technologies to solve business problems, then we have the job for you.
PowerAdvocate is seeking an Expert Analyst to join our growing company, providing cutting edge intelligence to improve the energy industry. We are looking for a team player who thrives in a dynamic environment, and wants to enrich data to deliver superior customer results.
As an Expert Data Analyst within PowerAdvocate’s Spend Intelligence Group you will use your keen eye for detail, your creative analytical skills, and your love for working in a team to help PowerAdvocate maintain its leadership position in energy information. The Expert Data Analyst is a key member of the Spend Intelligence Group, responsible for the data aggregation, normalization, classification and enhancement process which turns raw customer spend data into PowerAdvocate Spend Intelligence. The analyst will utilize robust technology tools and energy industry knowledge to create a truly unique product that is one of PowerAdvocate’s fastest growing solutions.
This full-time position will start off remotely, but the employee is expected to return to the Boston office once everything reopens post-COVID.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to the following, other duties may be assigned to meet business needs:
- Perform data extraction, manipulation, cleaning, analysis and QA of large datasets
- Research energy industry data to accurately and granularly classify spend into industry-specific schema
- Gain familiarity with energy industry suppliers and their services and products in order to accurately and granularly classify spend
- Build data intelligence around business rules to deliver reportable and actionable information to stakeholders
- Collaborate in a self-managed Agile team, an innovation PowerAdvocate has adapted from the software development domain
- 1-10 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, problem solving, and time management skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, to manage multiple tasks and/or projects with changing priorities and to communicate effectively at all levels
- Likes the balance of working independently and being a member of a team
- Enjoys organizing large data sets, identifying discrepancies, and making appropriate adjustments
- Experience with data manipulation tools to solve complex quantitative problems and analyze data
- Demonstrated a willingness to think creatively and offer new ideas to solve problems
- A self-starter who takes initiative and is comfortable asking questions
- Experience in the energy industry
- Proficiency with databases
- Experience in spend analysis
- Fluent in technical Spanish
- Some programming experience