ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Identifies and records loss costs information and underwriting information at commercial property sites (including sprinklered properties) in accordance with corporate standards of quality, time service, and productivity. These include Non-Sprinklered and Sprinklered Loss Costs Surveys, Commercial Underwriting surveys, and other types of commercial property insurance surveys and loss control inspections.
- Plans trips to ensure efficient, cost effective and timely completion of work. Maintain equipment and supplies in accordance with company policies. Administrative tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred and one year of related experience.
- Satisfactory completion of prescribed in-house training or equivalent required and demonstrated ability to perform all field work assignments at this grade level.
- Ability to observe, examine, measure, analyze, map, gather data, and secure transportation to and from all sites. This will involve occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs. and regular climbing of stairs and ladders, working in all types of neighborhoods and environments. It may be necessary to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Good customer service and one-on-one interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and provide feedback. Ability to conduct on-the-job training and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency using computers and spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Valid driver’s license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record in accordance with company policies required. Overnight travel (in and out of state) required in accordance with business needs.
- Professional designations (e.g. CFPS, CSP, ARM, ALCM, NFPA and/or CPCU) highly desirable
- Prior Loss Control experience is a plus
* Candidates can work remote
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.