The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis will play an essential role in leading and supporting all of Power Advocate’s financial planning including preparing the annual budget, capital plan, multi-year strategic plan, monthly reporting, and weekly sales and revenue forecasts. You will develop a deep understanding of Power Advocate’s business, revenue economics and key performance indicators, and leverage insights to conduct complex financial modeling and analysis. You will collaborate with Power Advocate’s Senior Leadership, corporate Executives and colleagues to present clear, synthesized, and succinct findings and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to manage these responsibilities or be an individual ready to take the next career step with the opportunity to successfully handle additional challenges.
Planning / Budgeting
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning
- Drive the annual budget and forecasting processes; leverage data to ensure key assumptions are accurately reflected and identify risks and cost savings opportunities.
- Lead the multi-year financial plan preparation used for strategic decisions
- Work with sales and senior management to prepare and distribute a weekly revenue forecast
- Prepare financial presentations for corporate executive leadership
- Identify and drive initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting as well as reporting tools and processes
- Prepare monthly operating financial statements for each key operating unit.
- Own the monthly preparation of financial projections and performance reports including variance analysis of actual results compared to prior estimates.
- Interface with leaders from the sales, operations and corporate teams and work closely with the accounting team to ensure that actual and forecasted results are properly reported and disseminated.
Monthly Revenue Accounting Support / Internal Controls
- Lead revenue recognition process for both consulting and technology divisions on a monthly basis
- Establish and maintain a strong control environment to ensure adherence to company and GAAP policies and procedures with regards to all revenue recognition activities.
- Own process of labor costing and reporting including review and approval of employee time reporting across the company
- Provide analytics to support corporate governance and internal controls objectives
- Continually monitor business performance, creating robust analytics, insightful recommendations, and processes which facilitate the understanding of business results to provide insight into new trends, opportunities, and risks.
- Partner with functional leaders to develop forecasts and OKRs, and operationalize data-driven insights and communicate trends, risks, and opportunities to the executive team
- Perform complex financial analyses to generate recommendations to drive sound business and strategy decisions.
- Develop ad-hoc forecasts for various business scenarios to support strategic initiatives
- Proactively design and deliver custom strategic financial reports, outlining actionable insights for senior leadership.
Leadership / Development
- Leadership, performance management and talent development for a growing FP&A team.
- Serve as mentor for financial analysts, creating bench strength on team
- Key Business partner to VP of Accounting
- Business partner for key operational leaders
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Accounting or Economics. MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Progressive work experience in an FP&A related environment with demonstrated financial acumen and a track record of leveraging business impact data. (4-8 years preferred)
- Experience with FP&A or Strategic Finance teams at a high-growth technology company preferred
- Experience with ERP systems and reporting tools (Oracle and others)
- Microsoft Office proficiency, including advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint, and direct working experience with financial planning tools
- Outstanding modeling experience
- Exceptionally detail-oriented, able to translate big-picture analysis while never losing sight of the finer points.
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Supervisory experience with proven success in leading and building teams a plus.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with superior problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective leader with ability to collaborate with executives, key stakeholders, and business partners.
- Strong communication skills and a team-oriented approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change within a growing company.