Start date: Negotiable; end of summer/beginning of Fall semester
End date: Negotiable; end of Fall semester
Interns are expected to work 8 – 10 hours per week during the semester for 10 – 12 weeks (for a total of 80 – 120 hours). Exact start and end dates and hours are negotiable as long as those criteria are met.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interns will have the option to do a remote or in-office internship. For those who opt to do an in-person internship, hours in the office may be somewhat limited, and interns may not see their supervisors each time they are in the office.
Verité offers interns a stipend in the amount of $250 for the duration of the session. If your school also provides either funding or academic credits for intern work, Verité is happy to assist with the required paperwork. We also provide opportunities to interact with senior staff, mentoring, networking assistance, and references upon successful completion of the internship.
Internship: This intern will work with the Senior Director for Program Strategy & Impact to support ongoing development of Verité’s organizational systems and procedures. Intern tasks may include the following:
· Researching and drafting human resources policies and guides
· Assisting in development of financial and project management tools
· Manipulating data to assess organizational trends and challenges
· Supporting the organization’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives as needed, including researching best practices, drafting and editing materials, and developing tools
Skills, abilities, and competencies:
– Excellent attention to detail
– Very strong Excel skills
– Prior experience and/or research into the application of equity practices across an organization
– Demonstrates sensitivity, professional competency, and/or personal experience thinking and working effectively across boundaries and engaging with the diverse marginalized populations impacted by Verité’s mission*
*These include, but are not limited to: gender, race, religion, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, nationality, class, political opinion, union affiliation, or social or ethnic origin.
Verité is committed to a diverse work force and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any employee, intern, or applicant for employment or internship on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, class, religion, veteran status, ability, and any other federal, state, or locally protected classes.
How to Apply: Please provide cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line: “Admin Fall 2021 Internship.” Any questions can be directed to Yamila Irizarry-Gerould and Marah Brubaker at email@example.com.