This position is with the CUMULUS Forced Labor Screen™ team. CUMULUS is a secure technology-driven platform that remotely maps labor supply chains and proactively screens for forced labor and human trafficking risks in global supply chains.
Ideal candidates will have experience in vendor auditing, social compliance, fraud risk management, investigations or a related field and a demonstrated interest in labor issues in supply chains and international human rights.
CUMULUS Program Coordinator, Forced Labor Risk Analysis
Amherst, MA (remote work possible within Eastern time zone).
Tasks and specific responsibilities
- Compile, review, and analyze complex datasets, evidence, and documentation to assess labor practices and systems.
- Conduct supplemental due diligence on third parties involved in international labor recruitment.
- Synthesize, summarize, and communicate results in deadline-driven written reports.
- Perform desk research on international labor laws, regulations, and practices.
- Track analysis time, deadlines, and deliverables. Contribute to project estimates and forecasting.
- Provide data entry and quality control, ensuring accuracy and adherence to Verité analysis and reporting standards.
- Respond to user queries and assist team members in drafting new templates and user-facing FAQs.
- Participate in new feature design, development and implementation.
- This is a position that relies on frequent collaboration, communication, and teamwork with in-office and remote team members and other groups within Verité.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this position
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or higher with 1-3 years of professional experience in auditing, social compliance, fraud risk management, investigations or a related field. CPA or CFE a plus.
- Academic or professional experience or a demonstrated interest in labor issues, international relations and policy studies, data analysis, or social impact technology are a plus.
- Curiosity and a passion for critical thinking and learning new things
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to strong privacy and security guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Foreign language reading and translation skills are a plus, especially Mandarin, Thai, or Arabic
Qualifications for all Verité positions
- Demonstrates strong personal commitment to Verité’s mission or related social justice objectives
- Demonstrates professional competency and/or personal experience thinking and working effectively across boundaries*
- Demonstrates sensitivity and competency engaging with the diverse marginalized populations impacted by Verité’s mission
- Fluent, clear and concise writing in English
- Gathers and analyzes information reliably and with consistently appropriate attribution
- Solicits and incorporates feedback towards continual improvement
- Maintains confidentiality in communications as appropriate
- Manages own time to successfully meet commitments
- Identifies problems and seeks support in a timely manner
- Recommends changes that would benefit team and organization
- Seeks out and contributes to opportunities for specific trainings and other professional development
- Works within approved budgets and accurately and consistently tracks expenses
*These include, but are not limited to: gender, race, religion, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, nationality, class, political opinion, union affiliation, or social or ethnic origin.
Verité is committed to a diverse work force and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expressions, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resumé detailing your relevant experience against the skills and qualifications above to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘CUMULUS Program Coordinator, Forced Labor Risk Analysis’. No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position.