Start date: Negotiable; end of summer/beginning of Fall semester
End date: Negotiable; end of Fall semester
Interns are expected to work 8 – 10 hours per week during the semester for 10 – 12 weeks (for a total of 80 – 120 hours). Exact start and end dates and hours are negotiable as long as those criteria are met.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interns will have the option to do a remote or in-office internship. For those who opt to do an in-person internship, hours in the office may be somewhat limited, and interns may not see their supervisors each time they are in the office.
Verité offers interns a modest stipend in the amount of $250 for the duration of the session to contribute to any cost of living and/or travel expenses. If your school also provides either funding or academic credits for intern work, Verité is happy to assist with the required paperwork. We also provide opportunities to interact with senior staff, mentoring, networking assistance, and references upon successful completion of the internship.
Tasks may include:
– Support course development for our online training program through visual/graphic design.
– Work with Subject Matter Experts, Training Manager, and Learning Management Administrator to create effective online instruction, presentations, videos and/or graphics.
– Work with e-learning development software Articulate 360 and/or Adobe Captivate to contribute digital media inclusions that will help enhance learner engagement.
Skills, abilities, and competencies:
– Proficiency with Adobe CC required. Experience with Adobe Aftereffects and/or a strong desire to learn animation software a plus.
– Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
– An interest in understanding how people learn
– Knowledge of website content management a plus
– Demonstrates sensitivity, professional competency, and/or personal experience thinking and working effectively across boundaries and engaging with the diverse marginalized populations impacted by Verité’s mission*
*These include, but are not limited to: gender, race, religion, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, nationality, class, political opinion, union affiliation, or social or ethnic origin.
Verité is committed to a diverse work force and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any employee, intern, or applicant for employment or internship on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, class, religion, veteran status, ability, and any other federal, state, or locally protected classes.
How to Apply: Please provide a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line: “E-Learning and Instructional Design Fall Intern.” Any questions can be directed to Yamila Irizarry-Gerould and Marah Brubaker at email@example.com.