Start date: Negotiable; end of Spring semester/beginning of summer
End date: Negotiable; end of summer
Interns are expected to work a minimum of 200 hours over the course of the summer. Exact start and end dates and weekly hours are negotiable as long as those criteria are met. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all internships are currently remote; should Verité staff return to the office, that option will be discussed for interns.
Verité offers interns a stipend in the amount of $550 for the duration of the session. If your school also provides either funding or academic credits for intern work, Verité is happy to assist with the required paperwork. We also provide opportunities to interact with senior staff, mentoring, networking assistance, and references upon successful completion of the internship.
– Support course development for our online training program through visual/graphic design.
– Work with Subject Matter Experts to create effective online instruction, presentations, videos and/or graphics.
– Work with e-learning development software Articulate 360 and/or Adobe Captivate to contribute digital media inclusions that will help enhance learner engagement.
– Support Training Manager, Learning Management Administrator, and other team members with tasks, projects, and events as needed.
Skills, abilities, and competencies:
– Proficiency with Adobe CC required. Experience with Adobe Aftereffects and/or a strong desire to learn animation software a plus.
– Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
– An interest in understanding how people learn
– Knowledge of website content management a plus
– Demonstrates professional competency and/or personal experience thinking and working effectively across boundaries*
– Demonstrates sensitivity and competency engaging with the diverse marginalized populations impacted by Verité’s mission
*These include, but are not limited to: gender, race, religion, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, nationality, class, political opinion, union affiliation, or social or ethnic origin.
Verité is committed to a diverse work force and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any employee, intern, or applicant for employment or internship on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, class, religion, veteran status, ability, and any other federal, state, or locally protected classes.
How to Apply: Please provide a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line: “E-Learning and Instructional Design Summer Intern.” Any questions can be directed to Yamila Irizarry-Gerould at email@example.com.