Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic, driven and dynamic Travel Intern to assist in the management of the global travel program during the summer of 2021. The Travel Intern will assist in managing Vertex’s Global Airline and Hotel RFPs including analyzing Vertex travel data and researching industry trends to assist in the negotiation of rates and fares with our global hotel and airline partners. After contract negotiation is complete, the Travel Intern will ensure the proper loading of all negotiated rates and fares into our TMC’s (Travel Management Company) GDS as well as Concur Travel and audit the rates to ensure accuracy. The Travel Intern will manage the Travel Inquiry Inbox and respond to the daily questions we receive about Vertex’s Travel and Expense Policy as well as perform a yearly audit of our Concur Travel and Expense Rules to ensure alignment with current travel trends and policies.
The ideal candidate will be in their Junior or Senior year with a desire to build a career in the Travel Industry and have strong analytical, project management, customer service and excellent writing and communication skills. S/he must be highly organized, flexible, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
As this role will involve analyzing data and working in on-line travel management software, the right candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, quickly learn new technology and have experience in analyzing and identify trends and opportunities within large datasets.
· Assist in execution of Vertex’s Global Airline and Hotel RFPs in 2021
· Ensure proper loading of all negotiated rates and fares into TMC’s GDS and Concur Travel
· Manage the Travel Inquiry Inbox and respond to the daily questions
· Perform yearly audit of Concur Travel and Expense Rules
- Support sourcing RFP initiatives
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and have experience in analyzing and identify trends and opportunities within large datasets.
- In their Junior or Senior Year
- Strong written / verbal communication
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously / independently as well as with a team
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to collaborate well with others