The Vital Voices team is seeking a motivated intern who will support the Global Network & Regional Engagement team and provide administrative, logistical, research, and programmatic support. The Intern will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences. This position reports to the Program Coordinator.
We are accepting interns on either a full-time or part time basis. The internship requires a commitment of 40 hours per week for full-time interns or 20 hours a week for part-time interns. This position is unpaid, but students will receive a stipend of $1,000 per month for full time interns or $500 per month for part time interns and/or may receive academic credit for their experience in cooperation with their university. We are currently accepting applications for the Spring semester. Spring internships will run from January 18th through mid-May, 2022. All interns will be working remotely for the Spring semester. Applications for the Spring internship should be submitted by December 6 at 11:59pm EDT.
- On-the-job training for a variety of skills
- Professional development opportunities, including regular “lunch and learn” sessions
- A chance to learn about international development and advocacy
- Network with professional advocates in the non-profit sphere
- Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship (as requested)
- General administrative and organizational support to the GNRE team
- Research, writing, and editing support
- Programmatic support up to and following program implementation including data entry, formatting and compiling materials, evaluating proposals, and sorting survey results
- Other related duties as assigned
- Advanced proficiency or fluency in English required
- Working proficiency or fluency in French, Spanish, Arabic, and/or Russian highly desired
- Demonstrated interested in women’s rights and/or gender-based violence
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work creatively, independently, and as part of a team
- Interest in and knowledge of global women’s issues, international development, and/or women’s leadership
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program or recent university graduate
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, email the materials listed below to HumanRights@vitalvoices.org using “GNRE Intern – your full name” as the subject line of the message.
Applications must include the following in order to be considered for review:
- Cover letter
- Availability (for example, if you are available part time, include the days and times when you could work)
- Two references (including contact information)
Complete applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.