PROGRAM INTERN: ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org) is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools that they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings, and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity, and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally. At Vital Voices, we believe, and we are proving, that investing in women improves the world.
The Vital Voices team is seeking a motivated intern who will support the programmatic activities of the Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship (EEE) team and provide support the work on the Global Ambassadors Program, Fortune-U.S. Department of State Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership, VV GROW Fellowship, and the WE Empower Global UN SDG Challenge. This position reports to the EEE team.
The internship requires a commitment of 24-40 hours per week. The position is unpaid. Students may receive academic credit for their experience in cooperation with their university. Applications are accepted for the fall, spring, and summer terms, and preference will be given to students who can commit to a full semester. Working remotely is available for the internship.
· On-the-job training for a variety of professional skills
· Professional development opportunities, including regular “lunch and learn” sessions
· One-on-one mentorship with an EEE team member
· Ability to work on a diverse set of programs and across multiple program teams
· A chance to learn about international advocacy
· Network with professional advocates in the non-profit and for-profit spheres
· Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship
· The opportunity to attend engagements in the office where you are able to interact with diverse groups of people from international backgrounds as well as executives and government officials.
· Assist with logistics and administration for international and domestic programs
· Develop and edit materials for programs
· Draft articles, newsletters, reports, and blog posts
· Support program social media activities
· Support program recruitment and selection
· Support ongoing new business development and partnership development priorities
· Contribute to data entry, database management, and monitoring and evaluation
· Research funding opportunities and resources for women-owned businesses
· Other related duties as assigned
· Interest in and knowledge of global women’s issues, international development and/or leadership
· Experience coordinating logistics for programs and events
· Strong organizational, writing, and administrative skills
· Competent in Microsoft Office suite and social media
· Experience with research and data management for qualitative and quantitative projects
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Ability manage multiple projects/tasks at once
· Strong research and analytical skills
· Remote working ability
Other Desired Characteristics:
· Knowledge in Salesforce, InDesign or Canva, Mailchimp, LMS platforms, event applications, Survey Gizmo or Survey Monkey
· Advanced Excel skills
· Proficiency in STATA
· Flexibility and willingness to embrace change and learn new skills
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, email the materials listed below to email@example.com using “Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship Internship – your full name” as the subject line of the message.
Applications must include the following in order to be considered for review:
· Cover letter
· A writing sample of 2-3 pages
**Please note that we are happy to work with flexible hours based on your location, class schedule, etc. but cannot accept hours outside of the 9 – 5 Eastern and Monday – Friday work week (EG no weekends or time after 5pm Eastern).
o Start and End dates (tentative is acceptable)
o Full or Part Time availability
o Days and times available to work if part time is desired
· Two references (including contact information) *preferably at least one from a former supervisor
Complete applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.