VizSense is looking for a Director of Business Development to identify and source potential customers who can benefit from our hyper-targeted micro-influencer campaigns, which are designed to help brands reach their intended audience.
In this position, your key focus will be to drive revenue within Top Tier Agencies and Enterprise accounts.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, demonstrates exceptional negotiation and leadership skills, and is ready to consistently exceed quotas and contribute to the team’s overall success. Other key traits you’ll possess and need to succeed in this role include being methodical, organized, and able to manage your time well.
– Bachelor’s degree and 3-6 years of quota-carrying sales experience in the Advertising, Marketing, or Influencer space required; Sales Methodology training and professional/client references preferred
– Capable of creating and maintaining the full sales funnel and using data to glean additional insights into clients’ decisions.
– Enthusiasm for developing and maintaining relationships with multiple decision makers within an organization.
– Excellent rapport, a demonstrated ability to build relationships, with the drive and knowledge to navigate multi-level relationships, i.e., managing and closing complex sales cycles from business champion to the C-level
– Experience leading a consultative sales process; including a track record in developing trusted relationships with C-level executives
– Goal-oriented, proficient in negotiating, with a track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
– Natural problem solving abilities with a creative and fearless approach to solving and helping clients with their campaign strategies; must be resilient and have an attitude that is forward-leaning and positive
– Proficient in understanding customer needs with the ability to effectively align the conversation and products to their needs
– Understanding of consumer and marketing intelligence space, either through direct experience (preferably SaaS) or background at agency, consulting or market research firm
Essential job responsibilities
– Accurately track pipeline and forecast quarterly performance in SalesForce
– Generate new business for VizSense; including identifying and qualifying prospects, communicating the specific value proposition for their business, and establishing long-term, successful partnerships
– Own the entire sales cycle from qualification to demonstration and contracting, while partnering with our SDR and Client Services Team for a seamless hand-off process
– Understanding of VizSense’s influencer marketing campaigns and ability to articulate and demonstrate their functions and benefits to external audiences
– Work closely with stakeholders within interested businesses to successfully negotiate and close deals
– Key Performance Indicators: Revenue Growth from Existing Clients, Signed Additional Clients, Diversity of Client Portfolio
About the location
Our team is concentrated at the Dallas HQ office in Deep Ellum. You will be based remotely.
What’s in it for you?
This role offers a great opportunity to showcase your abilities. Here you will have a platform to share your ideas and influence our company’s marketing strategies. This is not your “typical” job.
VizSense offers meaningful, hands-on learning opportunities for employees to work and engage in a variety of product innovation and brand strategy initiatives. Your ideas are encouraged and valued!
People Manager: No
Job Level: Director
Travel Required: Ability to travel is required (typically 20% or less, may be higher depending on clients)
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At VizSense, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. VizSense is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.