VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are creating exceptional experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
The VMware Tax team is part of the VMware Finance Organization that is dedicated to the short- and long-term growth and success of VMware – and to using analytical tools and collaboration to build connections internally and externally. It’s a rapidly changing environment, with lots to learn. We’re looking for people with strong critical thinking skills, who want to work collaboratively, serve our customers and make good choices.
Uncompromising ethics and integrity are hallmarks of our organization. We are a diverse group, covering the areas of corporate finance, FP&A, pricing, mergers and acquisition integration, revenue, investor relations, treasury, license compliance, tax, internal audit and the many corporate accounting functions. Come, join our team of motivated professionals, and grow with VMware.
VMware offers its finance interns an opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative team within a variety of different finance functions. You will support the US Federal and State Compliance Tax Team, and your role could include the following activities.
- Assist with the preparation of
- Federal corporate income tax return and statements including prepare work papers and research tax issues;
- Federal income tax provision work papers;
- State apportionment information for the various state returns including sales, payroll and property;
- State franchise and income tax returns for separate states (not consolidated or combined states) -prepare work papers, research tax issues.
- Assist management in other tax projects.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proven success working and adapting in a rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities
- Confidence and presence collaborating with others
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, standout colleague, information seeker, takes ownership
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This opportunity is available to currently enrolled Junior / Senior Bachelor-level students only. Internship is a 12-week program during Summer 2021.