The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
As a Solutions Engineer, you will play a major role as advocate for new technology solutions. These solutions will meet the business and technical requirements of the Enterprise. You will be an integral part of the solution cycle, collaborating with business units, comparing technologies, and performing technical evaluations. You will constantly look at ways to operationally, automate, and improve our public and private cloud services.
This position plays a key role in the organization focusing on IT domain projects including but not limited to public/private/hybrid clouds, security, virtualization, networking, and automation. It provides a unique opportunity to grow your career by developing products, deepening your infrastructure, cloud networking expertise, and implementing DevOps model using Infrastructure as Code.
If you are looking for a role that keeps you engaged, challenges you, and gives you ample learning opportunities, then this is the place for you.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Within 30 days of employment, you will be able to understand the VMware IT’s Infrastructure, key initiatives, and attend necessary trainings
- Within 90 days of employment, you will start taking part in products the team is developing, work with stakeholders to undertake requirements and assist in design of new solutions to fit business needs
- Within 180 days of employment, you will start developing solutions using DevOps model and Infrastructure as Code to accelerate project delivery and improve operations.
- Within 360 days of employment, you will have fair amount of hands-on experience and expertise in the team’s initiatives to be able to support critical projects.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Your regular activities may be modified to suit your professional strengths and business and organizational requirements, but you can expect a variety of the following assignments:
- Gather business requirements from service owners and stake holders and perform Paper Assessment and Proof of Concept of new technology solutions.
- Use DevOps model to accelerate and improve projects across various IT domains such as networking, security, operating systems, and public clouds.
- Represent operational ownership during transition period, perform operational tasks, on-call support and troubleshooting.
- Identify and recommend technical solutions based on business requirements, industry standards, and system growth and future capacity requirements
- Participate in product development using programming languages including but not limited to Java, Python, Ruby, Angular, etc.
- Manage and maintain Public, Private, and Hybrid clouds (such as VMware Cloud on AWS, AWS, Azure, GCP) using Infrastructure as a Code
- Participate as a member of a project team to develop innovative, high-quality software solutions in an agile development environment.
- Document and update product’s technical findings preparing for both in-depth and high-level overview presentations.
- Aspire to constantly seek to expand your technical expertise and knowledge of new technologies with internal training offerings and self-study.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
IT Solutions Engineering and Design organization has been focused on leading evaluation and implementation of new technology solutions from inception to go-live while collaborating across VMware IT and R&D teams to meet enterprise requirements. The team’s scope of work includes but is not limited to public/private cloud implementation, security, networking, and automation, with keep focus on leading implementation of best-in-class technological solutions to meet requirements of the Enterprise, while providing excellent colleague experience and end to end security.
We look for individuals who are self-driven and have the passion to learn new skills and solve complex technical issues. The leadership for this role believes in creating a pleasant and inclusive workplace and building strong relationships and collaboration within the team.
Where is this role located?
This location of this role can be based out of Broomfield, CO, Atlanta, GA, Palo Alto, CA, or can be remote in United States as well.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
This position has a minimum base salary which starts at $52, 000. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-968