SUMMER 2021 MINISTRY DEVELOPMENT INTERN
$1900 Stipend for 12-Week Internship
Volunteers of America is a national, faith-based non-profit organization that provides health and human service programs to America’s most vulnerable populations. Our Ministry Development team works to position our Ministry of Service and Church Without Walls to lead a movement of non-biased, non-prescriptive faith-based programs, resources, and initiatives to growing populations of vulnerable individuals.
Located in Old Town Alexandria, VA, within walking distance of the King Street Metro, we have an exciting opportunity for an individual to support this team’s administrative, education, and event activities!
Our 5-year strategic goals include (but are not limited to):
• Prayer, Divine power, and Spiritual inspiration;
• Ministry Development office ambassadorship;
• National office integration and partnership;
• Consistent marketing;
• Regular evaluation; and
• Employee engagement.
• Assist with research for Ministry Development education and training;
• Assist with research and content creation for Ministry Development marketing materials;
• Affiliate and minister outreach for various Ministry Development programs; and,
• Assist with the onboarding of VOA ministers into Ministry Developments new database.
• Ideal candidate fields: communications, theology, database management or social sciences;
• Strong oral and written communication and collaboration skills;
• Excellent analytical and research skills;
• Experience with document layout and design utilizing the Microsoft Office suite and other computer programs; and,
• Must be comfortable working with the public and organizing work to meet specific deadlines.
Internship Program Overview
Volunteers of America is a national, nonprofit, spiritually based organization that provides local human service programs and opportunities for individual and community involvement. For more information, please visit our website at www.voa.org.
Volunteers of America’s 12-week internship program was created with the goal of providing the student with applicable and meaningful business opportunities to complement their academic experience with real life work practice. The internship will provide challenging projects to benefit the student’s future career goals, while at the same time growing the organization with the student’s creativity and innovative knowledge contribution. Our aim is to make this a win-win partnership for both student and Volunteers of America.
The selected interns will have the opportunity to gain valuable professional experience at the National Office in Old Town Alexandria or remotely during the summer term. Whether their academic focus lies in non-profit management, external relations, finance, communications, event management or program services, Volunteers of America will work to provide the appropriate platform for students to gain and develop skills in their particular field.
In addition, Volunteers of America will arrange the following:
– Stipend ($1,900)
o For transportation and meals to assist with the cost of interning in the DC metro area
o If working remote, for the use of personal equipment (computer, printer, paper, etc.)
– Dedicated Supervisor and Mentor to oversee the experience for the student(s)
o Teresa Alfaro – Director, Strategic Meetings & Events, email@example.com
o Cristina Blough – Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, firstname.lastname@example.org
o Michael McGrath – Director, Office of the President & Strategic Initiatives, email@example.com
o Lizelle Pereira – Director, Budget & Financial Analysis, firstname.lastname@example.org
o Laura Sildon – VP Strategic Partnerships, National Services, email@example.com
– Exposure to multiple departments and senior executives of the organization throughout the internship through bi-weekly meetings or professional development activities
– 360 Feedback Process throughout the internship, with final review at the end of the season
o Intern to provide feedback on work performed and overall experience
o Supervisor to provide feedback on internship
Interested students should apply through the Volunteers of America career site: https://app.joinhandshake.com.
Please note that cover letter and resume are required for consideration.