VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company. VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
The Director of Business Development reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and is responsible for helping to develop the methodology for researching, identifying, and connecting with potential business opportunities and prospective clients. They will help develop new marketing initiatives, assess new markets, and analyze business opportunities. This person connects potential clients with an engagement strategy that is unique to VSA.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
- Help develop and execute VSA’s growth plan with the CMO, Client Engagement Partner Lead, and Consumer Marketing Partner Lead.
- Drive the pitch process, including helping cultivate a strategy to win, casting, and presentation/pitch approaches.
- Lead RFI/RFP responses as the main point of contact throughout the process, including development, implementation, and vetting standards.
- Develop and maintain an extensive pipeline of qualified prospects in priority categories.
- Work to build prospects/contacts through existing clients and through the Client Engagement group. Seek out and support opportunities for organic growth.
- Work with the marketing team to help build and manage the agency’s marketing and business development materials, as well as updating the internal resource library including case studies.
- Manage internal teams during the pitch process.
- Develop relationships with agency search consultants.
- Understand the business and marketing challenges of key prospects.
- Own prospect management tool.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business or related field. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of client service experience preferably in an agency environment with 5+ years of proven business development.
- Consistent track record and demonstrated ability to be forward-thinking and innovative, while understanding client needs and the capabilities of VSA’s business processes and technologies.
- A dedication to high-quality work and to positive and productive relationships with all – clients, team members, peers, managers, etc.
- Strong presenter and communicator, able to develop powerful presentations, and articulate in a confident manner.
- Skills in sophisticated problem solving, judgment, critical thinking, and decision making.
- Self-starter, capable of setting goals and reporting progress against them.
- Ability to be versatile and balance multiple projects and re-prioritization.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in team environments.
- Able to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve sophisticated issues.
- Proven ability to coordinate, facilitate, and recap meetings.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, evolving matrix environment.