VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.
VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
VSA’s Digital Practice exists to guide and inspire human interaction. At points where brands and business need to engage their audiences, we provide interfaces and design digital experiences that transform interactions, elevate understanding and enhance value.
The Senior Developer is responsible for building highly functional and compelling interactive experiences for our clients.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
- Code and test features, using industry and VSA-defined best practices and standards.
- Work jointly with other team members to deliver projects on time.
- Apply user interface design principles and methodologies.
- Focus primarily on front-end development, but often apply skills and understanding to back-end systems, and demonstrate knowledge to help drive the development process.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with all — clients, team members, and managers.
- Interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
- Maintain self-motivation and work independently in team environments.
- Organize information, prioritize, have attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures.
- Be versatile and balance multiple projects and reprioritizations.
- Preemptively identify problems and devise and suggest solutions.
- 5 or more years of meaningful experience
- Experience with style sheet preprocessors like SASS and Less, as well as build system code linters to error check and standardize coding style
- Experience with design systems and libraries like Bootstrap and/or Material Design, IBM’s Carbon Design System, and pattern libraries like Patternlab and Storybook
- Responsive and “Mobile first” design principles and techniques
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of code design patterns and separation of concerns principles
- Experience integrating HTML-based content with other, third-party environments
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience with and practical understanding of SEO, accessibility, and Open-Graph Social Sharing
- Experience with Git source control management and use and configuration of cloud repository services like GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, etc.
- Development skills of a well-rounded generalist with a demonstrated understanding of front-end development approaches and architectures, and integration with other systems
- Experience or familiarity with design and prototyping tools, including Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, and Figma
- Experience or familiarity with product management and bug tracking tools, like Jira and DoneDone
- Experience with Integrated Developer Environments (IDEs) like VSCode or Atom, and other development tools
- Awareness of cross-browser/platform issues, and their common code solutions
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and data structures
- Skills in sophisticated problem solving, judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making