VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative, and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and seeks to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something phenomenal.
Data plays a meaningful role in achieving these goals. As part of the VSA Strategy Practice, the Data Science team works with fellow strategists to bring our clients a point of view that’s grounded in data.
The Sr. Strategist, Data Science, will be responsible for providing analysis and insights that fuel strategy development and design solutions. This person will also play a critical role in expanding the infrastructure to support the delivery of proprietary research methodologies. The ideal candidate will offer a blend of analytical rigor, creative problem solving, and a willingness to collaborate.
We are open to this position being based in Chicago or New York.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Lead the analysis of quantitative survey projects, collaborating on research design, preparing data, conducting analysis, identifying insights, and presenting findings to colleagues and clients
- Build and maintain dashboards and other tools that expand access to data insights for strategy teams
- Contribute to the further development of data science infrastructure for streamlined and consistent analysis based on proprietary research techniques – e.g. code, packages, etc.
- Support ongoing efforts to develop data visualization that communicates data insights to clients in an impactful and engaging way
- Collaborate with the Strategy team to determine data sources and methods that will address business problems and achieve project objectives
- Contribute to documentation of methodologies, technical guidelines, case studies, and other knowledge management materials
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data science or analytics roles, with direct responsibility for defining analysis project requirements, data wrangling, statistical analysis, data visualization, and insight communication
- Extensive experience programming and conducting analysis in R – experience with dashboard (e.g. Shiny) and package development preferred
- Experience applying statistical techniques – e.g. supervised and unsupervised machine learning – to inform business problems
- Strong project management skills, ability to work independently, balance multiple responsibilities, and deliver projects on time
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Ability to build trust with colleagues and collaborate to solve problems
- A growth mindset that embraces innovation and is comfortable with iteration and prototyping