Recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare.
We invite rising seniors, current seniors, or recent graduates (<1 year out of school) to apply for our summer internship. We are looking to hire interns across several disciplines, including our Advocacy Relations team. The internship program runs for 10 weeks, typically from June to early August. W2O Group is looking for driven, savvy game changers who are ready to dive into the trenches and make an immediate impact.
For the 2021 summer internship, W2O is open to you being located anywhere in the US for this remote opportunity.
W2O is a global firm, with offices in Austin, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Florham Park (NJ), London, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New Hope (PA), New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Wilmington (NC), and Zurich.
The Advocacy Relations team at W2O helps clients build meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships with patient advocacy groups and the communities they serve. As an intern with the Advocacy Relations team, you will help W2O’s clients navigate and develop positive relationships with top-tier, health-focused advocacy organizations.
Your work will help position our clients as patient-centric leaders who incorporate the patient voice and perspective into every aspect of their work, from health education and literacy to clinical trials, drug development, and the launch of new therapies.
Through research and relationship-building, you will have a direct impact on the health of patients across many different disease states. You will elevate patient voices to promote awareness of significant patient needs and develop innovative solutions to address them.
The Advocacy Relations team looks forward to welcoming an intern in the summer of 2021.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Conduct research of advocacy groups and influencers in specific disease states
· Attend internal and client calls/meetings, capturing notes and providing recaps to ensure alignment on call outcomes and next steps
· Liaise with internal team members and help ensure integration with appropriate experts, based on project scope, and needs
· Assist in the development of patient-centric materials (i.e., the ‘why’ and ‘how’ pharmaceutical companies are adding to the lives of patients and their families)
· Support the facilitation and development of materials for advocate and patient engagements (e.g., introductory meetings, virtual group meetings, digital programs)
· Coordinate advocate and patient interactions with clients to capture patient sentiment to inform development and marketing programs
· Help the team develop communications and calls to action for advocates and patients
Application deadline: February 19th, 2021
What are we looking for in you?
- You have received or are attaining a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- You have a passion for helping others
- You have an interest in and/or have previous experience in healthcare
- You possess great problem-solving skills and can independently own day-to-day account activities with support
- You are highly organized, stick to deadlines, have the ability to multi-task and are comfortable working across various workstreams/projects
- You have the ability to create, nurture, and grow professional relationships
- You are able to effectively operate in a fast-paced, growing and evolving environment
- You have outstanding creative communication and presentations skills; the sky is the limit for how creative you can be
*W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.