2021 W2O internship: Creative.
Recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare.
We invite rising seniors, current seniors, or recent graduates (<1 year out of school) to apply for our summer internship. We are looking to hire interns across several disciplines, including our Creative teams. The internship program runs for 10 weeks, typically from June to early August. W2O Group is looking for driven, savvy game changers who are ready to dive into the trenches and make an immediate impact.
For the 2021 summer internship, W2O is open to you being located anywhere in the US for this remote opportunity.
W2O is a global firm, with offices in Austin, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Florham Park (NJ), London, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New Hope (PA), New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Wilmington (NC), and Zurich.
Role summary: Our Creative teams have opportunities for internships in the following businesses:
Creative – studio
· Team summary: The creative studio is a fully integrated department working with the technology-first mindset. We thrive on bringing creative ideas to the marketplace by integrating intelligence and delivering measured digital experiences while winning new business
· Role Summary: The studio design internship will aid in the development of all company and client graphics-related materials, including providing graphic design support, concept art, and project information to design leads, project leads, and executives. Most importantly, the studio design intern will be given real world tasks to learn how to succeed and thrive in a growing global advertising agency.
Social – studio
· Team Summary: The Social Creative Studio team produces social media content for client brands and W2O agency social channels. We collaborate with cross-discipline team members to provide creative visual and copy solutions that ensure the success of marketing objectives.
· Role summary: We are seeking a Copywriter to write social ads on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Snapchat, as well as conceptualize and execute ideas in collaboration with art directors/designers and be able to present ideas and copy internally.
· Role summary: We are seeking creative interns to join our team with the goal of producing innovative and compelling scientific art and medical education. As part of the 21Grams team, you will create interactive content for a variety of experiential media types, all while exploring the fascinating world of scientific discovery.
Role & Responsibilities:
Creative – studio:
· Work closely with creative leadership to produce specialized digital materials, promotional materials, and other, related multimedia graphic design projects for print, digital, and interactive environments.
· Provide support of concepts throughout execution of projects.
· Research competitor materials and new graphic design and social trends for promotional marketing materials.
Social – studio:
· Understand social voice and writing (the difference between colloquial and buttoned-up, and short-form and long-form content).
· Stay up to date with pop culture, industry and art/copy trends, current events, etc. in order to provide relevant creative solutions.
· Explore and utilize online resources (e.g., YouTube, Skillshare, Udemy) that will strengthen skills and creative abilities.
· Interpret creative briefs to develop social content deliverables.
· Check in with leads for daily deliverables/deadlines.
· Provide creative support to art directors/designers and copywriters for brainstorming and creative deliverable development.
· Research scientific/medical information that supports/explains client offerings and messages. Interpret findings into useful creative social strategies and concepts.
· Be able to define a creative “concept” and creative “strategy”; know the difference between the two and how they work together to produce successful marketing.
21GRAMS – Art:
- Practice your skill in various disciplines via hands on creation of art under the guidance of a mentor from the art department
· Assist in client proposals, product creation and creative execution
· Help on pitches and campaigns for key clients
- Help find creative resources needed for photo/video shoots, in conjunction with the needs of the team.
21GRAMS – Copy:
- Learn how to conceptualize with a copywriter and work within a creative strategy
- Gain working knowledge of computer software – ie, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc
- Be exposed to typography, retouching, engraving
- Prepare a rough comp, tight comp, and know the difference between comps, mechanicals, and proofs
- Begin to learn the process of producing a commercial and understand where the art direction fits in
- Develop 3-5 ads for portfolio
- Review advertising annuals (Commercial Arts/One Show/Addy/Art Director’s Club)
21GRAMS – Graphic Design:
- Work collaboratively with key team members (Art Directors, Designers, Developers and Account Teams)
- Follow a marketing calendar and meet deadlines to ensure content is created on time
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions with wider team.
- Engage in the local design culture
- Gain the ability to present design concepts to internal team members/managers
- Gain solid experience in graphic/user interface design in a wide range of projects including:
- Responsive interactive applications
- Wireframes, storyboards, site maps, mockups, mood boards
- Banner ads/social media posts
- Graphic elements for animations/motion graphics
Application deadline: February 19th, 2021
What are we looking for in you?
- You have received or are attaining a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- You possess great problem-solving skills and can independently own day-to-day account activities with support
- You have the ability to create, nurture, and grow professional relationships
- You have outstanding creative communication and presentations skills; the sky is the limit for how creative you can be
*W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.