2021 W2O Internship: Healthcare Policy & Research
Recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare.
We invite rising seniors, current seniors, or recent graduates (<1 year out of school) to apply for our summer internship. We are looking to hire interns across several disciplines, including Healthcare Policy & Research. The internship program runs for 10 weeks, typically from June to early August. W2O Group is looking for driven, savvy game changers who are ready to dive into the trenches and make an immediate impact.
For the 2021 summer internship, W2O is open to you being located anywhere in the US for this remote opportunity. Note: The Healthcare Policy & Research practice is based on the East Coast so interns would need to be available to work from 9am – 5pm ET.
W2O is a global firm, with offices in Austin, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Florham Park (NJ), London, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New Hope (PA), New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Wilmington (NC), and Zurich.
Discern Health, a W2O company, specializes in issues related to measuring and improving health care quality. Discern provides strategic direction and solutions to companies and organizations across the health care industry, including life science companies, health plans, hospitals, and policy organizations. We advise clients on how to position themselves successfully for transitioning to value-based care arrangements, how to seek opportunities to engage in new quality tactics to create value for their companies/institutions, and how to become thought leaders in their industry.
You will support the efficient completion of client projects, including conducting research and contributing to the development of project deliverables, such as policy briefs and position papers, as well as collaborating with a talented staff of over 30 employees who have extensive experience in the healthcare industry. You will have demonstrated research and writing skills, excellent analytical skills, and will be an independent thinker and effective team player.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Participation in client projects, including disease or therapy-specific research and quality measure analysis
- Conduct research and analysis on health care issues, such as measurement and reporting of quality and costs
- Assist in development and preparation of reports and slide presentations, including drafting, editing, proofreading, and formatting
Application deadline: February 19th, 2021
What are we looking for in you?
- You have received or are attaining a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably with a major in Public Health, Health Policy, and related majors
- You possess great problem-solving skills and can independently own day-to-day tasks with support
- You have the ability to create, nurture, and grow professional relationships
- You have outstanding creative communication and presentations skills; the sky is the limit for how creative you can be
*W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.