2021 W2O internship: Operations
Recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare.
We invite rising seniors, current seniors, or recent graduates (<1 year out of school) to apply for our summer internship. We are looking to hire interns across several disciplines, including our Operations teams. The internship program runs for 10 weeks, typically from June to early August. W2O Group is looking for driven, savvy game changers who are ready to dive into the trenches and make an immediate impact.
For the 2021 summer internship, W2O is open to you being located anywhere in the US for this remote opportunity.
W2O is a global firm, with offices in Austin, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Florham Park (NJ), London, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New Hope (PA), New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Wilmington (NC), and Zurich.
Role summaries: Our Operations teams have opportunities for internships in the below businesses.
Finance: As a Finance intern, you will provide daily support to the client finance team whose responsibilities span budgeting, monthly close, revenue reporting, client negotiations, client scope and fee development as well as many internal ad hoc projects. Including critical financial data and analysis which inform management and leaders in making business decisions. Candidate will be exposed to various areas within Client Finance and also participate in special projects.
Human Resources: As a Human Resources intern, your primary responsibility is to support the regular activities of the team, in addition to collaborating on ongoing or ad hoc projects. You will have the ability to get exposure to all facets of Human Resources including Operations, Benefits, People and Performance. You will manage sensitive employee data with discretion and confidentiality and act as a first point of contact for employee questions. Over the course of the summer, you will gain insight to the employee lifecycle, from onboarding to exit.
Talent Acquisition: As a Talent Acquisition intern, your primary responsibility is to support the regular activities of the team, in addition to collaborating on ongoing or ad hoc projects. You will work to understand the talent needs of the organization and will interact with candidates in a professional and resourceful manner. Over the course of the summer, you will gain exposure to all elements of the recruitment process, from sourcing to hire.
Legal: As a legal intern, you should be in law school or plan to attend law school. You will learn various aspects of contracting, intellectual property, finance, digital media, privacy and other areas of the law. You will work with several members of the legal department with learning as the primary goal of the summer. Applicants should have a good grasp of presentation tools in order to complete and update various training decks.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Assist with analysis and financial data on a daily basis
· Support team with ad hoc projects as needed
· Field internal and external benefit, policy, and people related questions
· Assist with our Onboarding process to ensure new hires are ready for their first day
· Support the HR team with the semiannual performance, merit & promotion cycle
· Collaborate on additional projects, tasks, and activities related to Human Resources
· Support administration of Internship Program
· Learn and assist with our internal systems ensuring our data is accurate
· Prepare reports as needed.
· Track progress, deadlines and priorities of team projects.
· Support the team in coordinating candidate recruitment
· Manage scheduling of initial screenings and interviews
· Manage collection and assessment of interviewer feedback needed prior to offer extension
· Learn and review information required for the background screening process
· Assist with job postings and data management within applicant tracking systems
· Act as a first point of contact in answering candidate questions during the recruitment process
· Support Legal team on daily basis with various projects
· Complete/update various training decks using Powerpoint
· Research and update current materials as needed
Application deadline: February 19th, 2021
What are we looking for in you?
- You have received or are attaining a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- You possess great problem-solving skills and can independently own day-to-day account activities with support
- You have the ability to create, nurture, and grow professional relationships
- You have outstanding creative communication and presentations skills; the sky is the limit for how creative you can be
*W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.