Who we are
Wandering Bear (wanderingbearcoffee.com) offers extra strong, surprisingly smooth, conveniently and sustainably packaged organic coffee that’s always fresh and easy to enjoy – however you take your caffeine. Our products are built for customization of the at-home coffee occasion, and we are a leader in multi-serve cold brew. Recent innovations include extra strong k-cups (the strongest on the market) and ground coffee products.
We’re a high-growth, private-equity funded company. We have been in operation since 2014 and over that time have scaled the business from a small brewhouse in Queens, NY to a nationally distributed brand sold in all 50 states. Over the past year our sales mix has shifted aggressively towards e-Commerce. Our direct website, Amazon store and wholesale eCommerce customers now account for 75% of sales and have grown 200% this year. Additionally, our products are available across the country in stores such as Whole Foods and Kroger.
What we’re looking for
If you read our customer reviews, you should be able to tell quickly that we pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service. The Customer Experience Associate will be the member of the team who will have the greatest understanding of the voice of the Wandering Bear customer. This wide-ranging, customer-centric role will interact with customers at various touchpoints, addressing inquiries and issues, and finding opportunities to surprise, delight and entertain our customers (and keep them happy and coming back).
- Manage all of Wandering Bear’s customer touchpoints: emails, product reviews, social media and ad comments, and the occasional phone call or two
- Help answer customer inquiries and order issues. Generally, this is done through our support ticketing system, where you will work with team leads to triage and resolve customer tickets
- Maintain customer service KPI targets like first-response and resolution times on high priority inquiries
- Share customer service insights with the team, ie. order issue trends, new product suggestions, complaints, fan mail, etc.
- Champion Wandering Bear’s customer service operations by offering insights into optimized workflows and new tech platforms, i.e. testing online chat
- Be the loudest “voice of the customer” on the team, bringing ideas and opportunities for us to better meet customer needs
- There is a sales component to this role: take action when there’s an opportunity to upsell, make product recommendations, or delight a customer with a discount
- Manage evening and weekend customer service coverage