A little bit about our team:
Warner Music U (WMU) is the branch of Warner Music Group focused on developing artists. Our content and experiences are generated by young creatives, all with the intention of creating lifelong fans for our artists and labels. Reps receive hands-on experience in the music industry, working directly with full-time employees and artists from WMG label partners including but not limited to Atlantic Records, Warner Records, 300 Entertainment, Asylum Records, ADA, and Warner Nashville. Reps work part-time, up to 18 hours a week, and can receive credit if necessary.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Music U is now hiring young music junkies with a passion for promotions, marketing, and event planning to join our team for the Fall 2021 Semester as paid marketing reps!
Interested? This should be you –
- Obsessed with music. And we don’t mean one or two genres. You’re someone who can find a favorite song or artist in any genre. You may be an “expert” in a certain style, but you easily geek out over songs or artists in another and get your friends to as well.
- Discovering new music and the challenge of promoting a virtually unknown artist excites you, and you can think of many creative ways to do so.
- Outgoing and can (and do) talk to anyone.
- Creative, dynamic, surprising, clever, elegant, unique, challenging, intelligent, compassionate, inspiring, and determined to describe your promotional and marketing styles.
- Working in the music industry after graduation is your goal.
- A self-starter excited about the idea of running your own projects.
- Already well-connected within the university and know how to utilize your connections to make things happen (find speakers for a panel, secure a location for an event, obtain cosponsors, etc.).
- Willing to use your personal socials to create awareness and generate views for priority artists (regardless of genre) and brand partnerships.
If this is you, we need to meet!
As a WMU Rep- Marketing, you’ll get to:
We give you the creative freedom to create online content, playlists, and experiences that help Gen Z discover up and coming artists, using your own voice and expertise of the school and market.
Gain Real-World Experience
Play an integral role in artist development for newly signed and up-and-coming artists. Utilize your connections and relationships to help break them within the 18-24 demographic through digital, promotional, and grassroots marketing efforts. Summarize outcomes, feedback, and analytics through weekly and monthly reporting.
Work with and coordinate on-campus and virtual appearances for some of the fastest-rising artists in the music industry.
Expand Your Network
Correspond with various departments and employees at Warner Music Group through the execution of campaigns and artist-involved events. Connect and collaborate with your fellow reps across the country through weekly meetings and coordinated moments.
Be the Eyes and Ears of WMG
Provide insights on the latest trends and music popular in your market.
- HUGE passion for music, pop culture, and social media.
- Open to individuals enrolled in a 2- or 4-year university with at least two semesters remaining before graduation, high school juniors, and seniors, as well as non-students.
- Heavily involved in campus and/or community activities and able to effectively tap into connections to pull together successful experiences.
- Professional attitude with great time management and organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced role.
- Excellent written and communication skills and great attention to detail.
- Work well remotely/independently without direct supervision.
- Enjoy vlogging and posting about activities on Instagram.
- Understanding of social media platforms (especially Instagram and TikTok) and content that performs best on each platform.
- A public Instagram and TikTok profile (include handles on your resume).
- Able to work up to 18 hours a week
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Promotional experience (radio promotions, brand ambassador, street team, etc.).
- Previous marketing and/or music internship experience.