Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive Communications (Communications, Data Analyst)
This intern will go through Waterkeeper Alliance communications (newsletters, Waterkeeper Weekly, social media channels, and blogs) to categorize and track the types of stories shared, locations, and groups. Compile data to analyze and benchmark the current state of Waterkeeper Alliance communications. Suggest ideas for standardization of stories shared to ensure communications are representative of where we have Waterkeepers and the work that they do in their communities.
- Create a spreadsheet to categorize and track the types of stories Waterkeeper Alliance has shared on multiple platforms;
- Create a report to display the data, analyze, and benchmark the current state of Waterkeeper Alliance communications;
- Suggest ideas and new processes for making communications more representative of the Waterkeeper movement; and
- Create a presentation and present on your findings.
- Ability to analyze data to identify data trends;
- Experience with Google spreadsheets a plus;
- Fast, efficient data entry skills;
- Strong critical thinking skills;
- Keen understanding of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI);
- Passion for Waterkeeper Alliance’s mission; and
- A positive attitude and sense of humor.
Please note that this internship is unpaid and must be completed for course credit towards their degree.