We are seeking a summer intern to help support our Senior Organizer for the South Asian region! This intern will:
- Work to gather content such as stories, news, and victories from the Waterkeepers in India. This information will be collected in coordination with the Communications team and includes helping Waterkeepers with social media and blog posts, as well as helping the Waterkeepers establish social media channels.
- Help translate Waterkeeper Alliance’s Quality Standards for the Waterkeepers and help Waterkeeper Alliance understand the Waterkeeper Organization’s and Affiliate’s challenges in meeting certain standards. This information also will be communicated to the Training department to help inform training priorities.
- Assist the Regional Organizer with all Hindi-speaking Waterkeepers on understanding their challenges, successes, and how we can provide support.
Skills needed and skills that will be developed during the internship:
- Skills needed: Hindi fluent, with strong communication, social media, and writing skills
- Skills developed: time management, cross-culture communication, building a grassroots movement, organizational sustainability, and campaign development
This internship start and end date is flexible, but planning to run from June 2021-August 2021. Please note that students MUST be eligible to receive college credit through this internship.
Location: Our staff is currently remote during the COVID-19 Pandemic. This internship will be remote.